Welcome to La CasaBlanca in the Amazonia of Tena, Ecuador
We are people people, a US emergency room nurse and an Ecuadorian guide, teamed up and turned HOSTEL OWNERS and TOUR PROVIDERS in the Amazon. What does this mean for you? Someone you can depend on, comfort in the jungle and quality tours! Our tours can take you to places you'd never find alone and the hotel reflects what we wanted for ourselves and experienced in other places around the world. The rooms are spacious and clean. The showers are hot and the water is good. There are screens on the windows and fans in every room. There’s a big common kitchen to cook your own food in or just be able to hang out in. That in combination with a helping hand to get you up to speed on the area will smooth your transition to maximize the time you have here in this little corner of the world. Come see us!, Gary Garces and Michelle Klein
WHATS NEW!!!! ..........A great deal: One night free with full day tour purchase (min. 2 night stay). Mention this when booking to redeem offer.
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?! We've streamlined our tours to what our guests tend to go with the most in order to get "everything" in. We can also customize our tours if you want to do it differently (like leave certain parts out or spread activities out over a couple days instead of all at once). Click here to sort out the perfect adventure for you!
We've also added a calendar with tours that you can join. These have already been confirmed, which helps if you are traveling alone or as a couple. (Our tours have a minimum of between 2 and 4 participants, depending on the tour.)
Also, if you are in a group of 5 or more, we have group rates, shoot us an email for those rates: email@example.com.
La CasaBlanca is clean and comfortable (thanks to Michelle) and our tours are fun and interesting (thanks to Gary). The combination of Michelle knowing what foreign visitors are looking for (more or less) and Gary knowing how to deliver that in combination with our naturally social personalities is what makes our place unique in this area. Our guests tell us we need to stress more that we what we do is very “personalized”. Here's the thing, we believe that if you come all the way down here, you should have a great time and, seriously, nothing makes us happier than when our guests are excited about something new they've seen or done and we've been a part of making that happen. Please consider us your go to people or information station on Ecuador. We are happy to help you with any questions that might arise, before, during, or after your stay with us.
Click here to see a map of Ecuador, Tena is located east and then south of the capital city of Quito. Click here to go to our contact page for info on how to call or email us and also for directions to here from anywhere in Tena, Quito, Banos, and from Cuenca.
Gary started learning about the jungle when he was just a child, growing up here, from his family. When he started guiding, one particular biologist asked for him over and over and over again, during the 2 years he spent here studying insects. They went out for 1 to 2 weeks at a time, more than 20 times, floating through the jungle at a snail’s pace. Gary learned a lot about the biology of this area during that time and has continued to learn more since then because it is something he is passionate about. AND, he loves to pass that on during his tours. If you read through a few of our reviews on TripAdvisor, you’ll read all about what a wonderful guide he is.
La CasaBlanca Hotel is a unique haven for travelers, it has at your disposal:
- Its own really big communal kitchen equipped with everything needed for cooking your own meals.
- A living room.
- Free strong Wi-Fi
- A laundry room with a washer and dryer available, free to use, first sample bag of detergent gratis.
- House wide purified water. Seriously, you can drink it from every water source in the hotel, even the showers!
- Instant gas heated showers.
- A garage for your car. (Reserve ahead to secure a spot.)
- Fans in every room and screens on all the windows.
- Other travelers to hang out with over a cup of coffee (and not instant, one you made yourself in the coffee maker).
- Information on things to do in the area and how to do them on your own or with us.
- Tours, of course. Click here to see an overview of our tours.
- A teacher who you can hire to come to the hotel and give you Spanish lessons. (She is available 9 out of 12 months of the year.)
- Attention to the little details like: the armoires and lockers actually have hangers, towels are provided and there are even places to hang them, etc. etc. (Thanks to Michelle's dad!)